Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that 179 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 17 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 48 of the Firm’s younger attorneys...Read More
Clark is Of Counsel in Maynard Cooper's Corporate Securities and Tax Practice and a member of the firm's Securities Regulation and Corporate Finance group.
He represents business clients, including private equity and portfolio companies, in a variety of complex business transactions, including negotiation and structuring of equity and debt investments for venture capital, private equity and mezzanine debt investment funds and other private equity investors, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, reorganization, recapitalization, and "going private." Clark has significant experience with the preparation of disclosure documents for public and private offerings and venture capital financings, as well as with the registration, offer and sale of equity and debt securities and stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions.
Clark's skills and talents in the corporate sector have consistently earned him recognition in The Best Lawyers in America©, including being tapped as the 2018 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Corporate Compliance Law and again in 2019 as the "Lawyer of the Year" in the area of Corporate Governance Law.
Mr. Goodwin is serving as Of Counsel to Maynard as an independent contractor and is not an employee of the firm for any purpose.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, and Venture Capital Law (2010 - present)
- Best Lawyers® 2019 "Lawyer of the Year" in the area of Corporate Governance Law; 2018 "Lawyer of the Year" for Corporate Compliance Law
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Mergers & Acquisitions (2016-present)
- B-Metro, Selected as a Top Attorney (2020)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Business/Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities & Corporate Finance (2008-2015)
- Birmingham Magazine's Top Attorneys (2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
Clark's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
Clark's Speaking Engagements
Alabama State Bar Annual Meeting
Friday, July 19, 2019
Presented: "The New (and Improved) Alabama Business Corporation Law"
CLE Alabama Seminar - "Banking Law Update"
Friday Feb. 10, 2017
During this day-long seminar, Clark was a featured speaker during the "Preparing for Mergers and Acquisitions" session.
State Bar: Alabama
Birmingham, AL. (August 20, 2020) Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that 168 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, a peer-review guide highlighting attorneys with significant achievements in their areas of practice. With 76 practice areas listed...Read More
The members of Maynard Cooper’s Public Company Advisory Practice continue to monitor the business and legal implications of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation so that we can advise public companies, as well as companies aiming to become public, on actions needed. We hope all of our clients and friends remain safe...Read More