Eight weeks after President Biden’s announcement, the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has issued an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) requiring all employers with at least 100 employees to ensure their workers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to weekly COVID-19 testing. This ETS affects millions of private-sector...Read More
Warren is a Shareholder and member of Maynard Cooper's Litigation Section. A member of the Firm's Labor and Employment Practice Group, he has more than 30 years of experience representing and advising clients in all aspects of labor and employment matters, including significant wage and hour and federal discrimination litigation. Warren's commercial litigation and business tort practice encompass all aspects of non-compete enforcement, trade secret litigation, and competitive torts, as well as fraud, contract, and insurance disputes. He has successfully litigated, as lead counsel, dozens of such cases and, in his business tort practice, has obtained or defended companies against injunctions across the country.
Highly respected by his peers, Warren served as Chairman of the Alabama State Bar Labor & Employment Section and is a Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers. His skills and accomplishments as a lawyer have earned him numerous accolades, among which are his distinction as a Leading Practitioner in Labor & Employment by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. He is also consistently included in The Best Lawyers in America© for his experience in the areas of Employment Management, Litigation: Labor and Employment, and Litigation: Mining Law, as well as in Alabama Super Lawyers and Mid-South Super Lawyers in the area of Employment and Labor Law.
"Warren is a very good adviser, and he is really good at responding and getting us help. He helps us to get a resolution….a good problem solver, a peacemaker and efficient."
"Warren is very experienced; he is a good thinker and has the ability to develop sound strategies and implement good tactics."
"He is an incredible partner. He always makes himself available."
- Obtained preliminary injunction based on non-compete agreement and trade secrets claims for aerospace defense contracting firm against engineering development and weapons development executives in the Circuit Court of Madison County, Alabama
- Obtained dismissal of a sexual harassment and retaliation suit for a home healthcare company in the Northern District of Georgia; judgment affirmed by the Eleventh Circuit
- Provided general counsel employment and management services for California based international cybersecurity company in transition after spin-off
- Won jury verdict in tortious interference suit in the Circuit Court of Madison County, Alabama
- Successfully enforced duty of loyalty and trade secrets misappropriation case and obtained significant monetary recovery for insurance brokerage agency in the Northern District of Florida
- Successfully defended marketing firm against multi-million dollar claims of fraud and shareholder oppression in the Circuit Court of Jefferson County, Alabama
- Obtained permanent injunction for health care information systems company against former salesman in the District Court of Tarrant County, Texas
- Obtained summary judgment for a financial services company in an age, race and sex discrimination termination suit brought by a long-time management employee claiming $800,000 in damages in the Northern District of Alabama; judgment affirmed by the Eleventh Circuit
- Successfully defeated non-compete enforcement claim in sensor technology industry in the Superior Court of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
- Obtained summary judgment in a disability discrimination case brought against financial services company and three individual management defendants under the Missouri Human Rights Act in the Circuit Court of St. Louis County, Missouri
- Won arbitration in Florida defending hospital district against million dollar executive compensation/severance claim
- Successfully defended insurance company in banking industry against multi-million dollar fraud claims brought by trucking firm in the Circuit Court of Lamar County, Alabama
- Obtained temporary restraining order for healthcare laboratory in Southern District of Alabama
- Successfully enforced non-compete agreement against on-air personality in radio industry in the Northern District of Alabama
- Obtained dismissal of FLSA class action for national retailer in the Southern District of Alabama
- Defeated preliminary injunction based on non-compete claims in temporary staffing industry in the Middle District of Georgia
- Obtained temporary restraining order, injunction and favorable settlement for distributor of auto parts in theft of trade secrets matter against former employees and their employers in the Circuit Court of Montgomery County, Alabama
- Defeated enforcement of non-compete agreement by automobile publication company against salesperson in the Circuit Court of Jefferson County, Alabama
- Chambers USA, Leading Practitioner in Labor and Employment (2016-present)
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, Fellow
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Employment Law: Management (2011 – present), Litigation: Labor and Employment (2011 – present), Mining Law (2011 – present), Workers’ Compensation Law: Employers (2016 – present), and Labor Law: Management (2019 - present)
- Recognized as a “Labor & Employment Star” by Benchmark Litigation
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Employment and Labor Law (2016 - present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Employment & Labor (2008 - 2016)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
Warren's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Alabama Bar Association, Executive Committee, Labor & Employment Section
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Restoration Academy, Board Member
- Center for Executive Leadership, Board Member and President
State Bar: Alabama
U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern)
U.S. Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit, D.C. Circuit