Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that 179 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, including 17 who are distinguished as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective areas of expertise and 48 of the Firm’s younger attorneys...Read More
Wes is a member of Maynard Cooper's Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice Group.
He focuses his practice on assisting creditors involved in the bankruptcy process, and he has represented a wide variety of creditors, including banks, investment funds, note buyers, and other financial institutions. Wes tackles complex issues and provides solutions for clients. In addition to his experience representing clients in bankruptcy courts throughout the state, Wes has also represented clients in litigation matters filed in state and federal courts involving class actions and other financial disputes.
Wes received his J.D. summa cum laude from the University of Mississippi School of Law, where he served on the Moot Court Board and was an Associate Articles Editor on the Mississippi Law Journal. He received his B.A. in Political Science and History from the University of Alabama.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation - Bankruptcy (2022)
Wesley's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Alabama State Bar, member of the Bankruptcy Section
- Birmingham Bar Association, member of the Young Lawyers Section
- Childcare Resources, Junior Board
- "Ritzen: US Supreme Court Reviews Finality of Stay Relief Orders", Stream of Commerce Newsletter, Spring 2020
- Lenders Beware: Overdraft Policies May Spur CFPB Litigation, October 9, 2017
- A Better Forum for All: Addressing the Value of Arbitration Clauses in Nursing Home Contracts, Mississippi Law Journal, Volume 86
State Bar: Alabama