Maynard & Gale (Maynard) is pleased to welcome William Bloom to the Litigation Group. Bloom joins the Firm as Of Counsel, working from Maynard’s Birmingham office. Upon graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2012, Bloom served as Law Clerk for the Honorable William H. Pryor, Jr...Read More
William is Of Counsel in Maynard's Litigation Practice. He represents clients across the United States in a variety of complex litigation, investigations, and crisis management. With innovative thinking and a practical approach to crisis situations, William counsels his clients through every step of the litigation process. He focuses his practice on complex litigation in both state and federal court and has specific background in complex commercial litigation, appellate litigation, and securities litigation.
William previously practiced in Washington D.C. with a national firm.
William earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and Articles Editor for the Virginia Law Review. Following law school, William served as a law clerk for the Honorable Judge William H. Pryor, Jr. on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. He also holds a B.A., summa cum laude, in History and Political Science from the University of Alabama.
- Representing former Secretary of Education Elisabeth DeVos against a subpoena for deposition in a lawsuit brought by a class of student borrowers
- Bringing an Administrative Procedure Act challenge against reimbursement policies of the Department of Health & Human Services and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services on behalf of RICU LLC
- Filing an amicus brief in the United States Supreme Court on behalf of members of the United States Congress in Our Lady of Guadalupe School v. Morrissey-Berru
- Bringing Fifth Amendment Takings and Illegal Exaction claims against the federal government on behalf of a large shareholder class in Starr International v. United States
- Seeking declaratory and injunctive relief against the United States and a foreign government for violations of constitutional, contractual, and property rights on behalf of a private company
William's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- The Federalist Society
State Bar: Alabama, New York, Washington, D.C.
U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern), District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals: Fifth Circuit, Eleventh Circuit
Hon. William H. Pryor, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit