Maynard Cooper’s Corporate Practice is comprised of more than 60 highly skilled and experienced attorneys representing and advising business clients in all types of corporate issues, from transactional to corporate governance to executive compensation. The Corporate Practice Group has consistently earned recognition by Chambers and Partners as a Band 1 Leading Firm. Clients range from startups and growing businesses to seasoned companies, public corporations and members of the Fortune 500. We represent numerous publicly-held and closely-held businesses and serve as general counsel or primary external counsel to many of these clients. Among our distinguished clientele are the largest ductile pipe manufacturer in the world, an Alabama-based life insurance company listed on the NYSE with over $75 billion in assets, several large financial institutions including one listed on the Fortune 500, several hospital systems including the largest hospital system in Alabama, one of the nation’s largest media companies, several Berkshire Hathaway entities, and one of the Southeast’s largest pulp and paper companies.
Our vast experience spans many industry sectors, including banking, technology, insurance, light and heavy manufacturing, commercial transportation, consumer products, real estate, healthcare, government contracting, biotechnology, computer hardware and software, broker-dealer and investment management services and retail.
Our corporate attorneys represent and advise clients in a wide array of corporate matters including:
- Assisting clients in the formation and structuring of Alabama and Delaware corporations
- Forming and structuring other business entities, such as limited liability companies and general and limited partnerships
- Assisting clients in corporate reorganizations, including conversions to other entities, mergers, recapitalizations, and other restructuring
- Providing general advice across a wide range of general corporate issues, including maintenance of minutes and records, foreign qualification issues, board and shareholder meetings, and corporate governance issues
- Representing special entities, such as non-profit corporations and associations, professional corporations and limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships
- Advising directors, officers and other managers as to their duties and liabilities
- Representing special committees of boards of directors in transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations and buy-outs
- Representing minority shareholders in negotiations or disputes with management or controlling persons, and representing entities and their principals in shareholder litigation and in other intra-company disputes
- Drafting and reviewing various business and commercial contracts
- Generally advising clients as to the corporate law implications of their business transactions
Legislative Update — Week 3 With more than 500 bills introduced in total, and with several bills poised for final passage, the 2020 Regular Session feels well underway. A collegial atmosphere has persisted—with relatively few flareups on the floor of…
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (February 20, 2020) — Maynard Cooper & Gale is excited to announce that Melissa Yan has joined the Birmingham office as Of Counsel in the Firm’s Corporate Section and a member of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions, General…