History On December 14, 1819, Alabama was granted statehood after previously being part of the Mississippi and Alabama territories. The first Alabama constitution was drafted and passed at a convention in Huntsville, Alabama. Subsequently, four constitutions were adopted partly due to the Civil War and Reconstruction. The sixth version of...Read More
Government and Regulatory Affairs
Maynard’s Government Affairs Group offers results-oriented advocacy to the Firm’s diverse client list. We represent individuals, small businesses, and Fortune 100 companies across industries including aerospace, construction, energy, financial services, manufacturing, technology, and government entities.
Experienced professionals and lawyers help companies navigate today’s complex legislative and regulatory environment, providing clients with information to enhance their ability to forecast, adapt, and influence a constantly changing regulatory landscape. Our team provides strategic and tactical advice to clients so they can make informed daily and long-term business decisions.
Our Government Affairs operation has been ranked as a top-performing lobbying/law firm by Bloomberg Government, which evaluated 1,946 registered firms and based their metrics on the volume of work, client retention, practice growth, and, most importantly, client satisfaction. The Firm is also politically active and has a nationally ranked top ten law firm Political Action Committee.
Maynard represents clients and their interests before Federal Departments, Agencies, the United States Congress, State Legislatures, and administrative agencies, boards, and commissions at the federal, state, and local levels.
Specifically, the Firm’s services include:
- Strategic planning and advice
- Identification and tactical use of existing corporate assets and resources
- Informing and educating government regulators, decision-makers, legislators, and oversight bodies
- Drafting policy, legislation and advising clients on pending matters
- Analyzing and responding to proposed rules, regulations, and legislation
- Testifying on behalf of clients in administrative and legislative meetings, hearings, and negotiations
- Collecting and analyzing political intelligence to identify risk and opportunity
- Advice on compliance matters and assistance with filing reports
The Firm is one of the founding members of State Law Resources, a nationwide network of independent law firms selected for their expertise in government relations and administrative/regulatory law across the country at the state level. Internationally, the Firm is a member of Lex Mundi, a legal network with 150+ member firms with more than 21,000 lawyers in 100+ countries.
Clients of Government and Regulatory Affairs Services
- Adranos, Inc.
- AIG Annuity Insurance Company
- Alabama Department of Transportation
- Alabama Power Company
- Alfalit International
- Amgen, Inc.
- Aviva Life Insurance Company
- Bass Pro Outdoor World
- BellSouth Telecommunications, Inc.
- Birmingham Airport Authority
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
- Blue Origin
- Bristol West Insurance Group
- Business Council of Alabama
- Calpine Corporation
- Cardiovascular Associates of North Alabama, P.C.
- City of Birmingham
- Clayton Homes
- Concordia Technologies
- El Paso Energy Corporation
- First Acceptance Corporation
- Harbert Management Corporation
- Hubbard Properties
- Jefferson County Commission
- Jim Walter Resources, Inc.
- Joseph Milton Real Estate Investments
- Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
- Lloyd's America, Inc.
- Lloyd's of London
- Lone Star Steaks
- McWane, Inc.
- Mesa Associates, Inc.
- Metropolitan Life Ins. Company
- Mobile Airport Authority
- North American Bus Industries, Inc.
- Paragon Research Corporation
- Parsons Corporation
- Plateau Insurance Group
- Qualis Corporation
- Quantum Research International
- Radiance Technologies
- Raymond James Financial Services, Inc.
- Regions Financial Corporation
- Stephenson Stellar Corporation
- Stephenson Technologies
- The Westervelt Company, Inc.
- Torch Technologies
- U.S. Steel Corporation
- World Omni Financial Corporation
Attorneys and Other Professionals in Government and Regulatory Affairs
Government and Regulatory Affairs News
Maynard is pleased to announce that the Firm is once again recognized among the top lobbying firms in the recently released Bloomberg Government’s 2021 Top-Performing Lobbying Firms report which features the leading firms that excelled in key business metrics, including volume of work and client retention. Maynard’s Government Relations Practice...Read More
Today, nationally recognized law firm Maynard & Gale (Maynard) announced a series of moves to expand the Firm’s Florida footprint. Swann Hadley Stump Dietrich & Spears, P.A., an AV-rated, full-service law firm based in Winter Park, Florida, will be merging into Maynard. This union serves as the latest market extension...Read More