Beth is Chair of Maynard Cooper’s Corporate Section and leads the Firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice Group. She is also one of four members selected to serve on the Firm’s Executive Committee.
As the Co-Chair of the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation team, Beth’s experience is a valuable asset to other practice groups within the Firm in which she is actively involved, including the Fund Formation & Investment Management and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
She advises clients on matters related to employee benefits and executive compensation including 409A compliance, severance, employee benefits issues in mergers and acquisitions, benefits-related labor relations issues, benefits-related bankruptcy issues, and proceedings before government agencies (IRS and DOL) relating to benefits and compensation matters.
Beth has more than 23 years of employee benefits experience, and she advises clients with respect to, and drafts, all types of executive compensation programs and employee benefit plans, including qualified and nonqualified retirement, deferred compensation, profit sharing, 401(k), defined benefit (including cash balance) and employee stock ownership plans (ESOP). She also advises clients with respect to, and drafts, welfare plans (e.g. health, dental, disability, cafeteria, flex accounts, educational assistance programs, and employee assistance programs), fringe benefits, and perquisites and with respect to both insured and self-insured arrangements, including advising clients with respect to Health Care Reform compliance.
Beth represents corporations and executives in connection with executive, board and management compensation issues, including all types of stock and cash compensation and deferral programs. She works with plan sponsors, trust departments and plan administrators on fiduciary, tax, securities, trust and corporate law issues relating to benefits and compensation.
Beth has been distinguished as a leader in the field, including rankings in The Best Lawyers in America as the area’s Employee Benefits “Lawyer of the Year” and in Super Lawyers, which has included Beth among its “Top 50 Alabama Lawyers” and “Top 50 Mid-South Women Lawyers.”
Beth Beaube at Maynard Cooper is a strong benefits and executive compensation attorney…very practical and efficient. She has been excellent to work with. –Client testimonial
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2007 – present)
- Best Lawyers® 2014 “Lawyer of the Year” for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- 2019 “Women to Watch,” Birmingham Business Journal
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Employee Benefits (2016-present)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers “Top 50 Women Mid-South Super Lawyers” (2017, 2019)
- B-Metro, Selected as a Top Attorney (2020)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Employee Benefits/ERISA (2008-2015); “Top 50 Lawyers in Alabama” (2009-2011, 2019); “Top 25 Women Lawyers in Alabama” (2009-2012, 2014-2015)
- Birmingham Magazine’s 2017 “Top Attorneys” for ERISA Law
- Named Top ERISA Lawyer by Birmingham Magazine – 2011
- Birmingham Business Journal’s Best of Bar 2006 – Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Beth's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Council
- ESOP Association
- National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO)
- Southern Employee Benefits Conference
- Children’s Aid Society, Board of Directors (2014-2019)
- Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham – Smart Party Honoree 2017
University of Alabama School of Law (1994, J.D., magna cum laude; Alabama Law Review, Editor-in-Chief; Order of the Coif; Bench and Bar Society; American Jurisprudence Award by Lawyers Cooperative Publishing)
Birmingham-Southern College (1990, B.S. Mathematics, cum laude, Minor in Business)