The California Daily Journal selected Drew as one of California’s Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers in 2017, and one of the Top 20 Lawyers in Northern California. In 2016, he was a recipient of the M&A Advisor’s Emerging Leaders awards. Other recognition for his legal work includes being named as one of 335 BTI Client Service All Stars by the legal departments of Fortune 500 companies.
Drew founded the San Francisco office of Maynard Cooper, where he currently serves as its Managing Partner.
Trained originally as a litigator, Drew’s practice today focuses on the representation of investment sponsors and their portfolio companies. Drew advises clients on a wide range of matters, from M&A, private financings, litigating on behalf of Fortune 500 companies to counseling Grammy-award winning artists, high-net-worth individuals, and pro athletes on their investments. Drew routinely represents financial institutions, and his clients include a Bay Area-based Fortune 500 brokerage company, a Fortune 500 life insurance and annuity company, a Global 500 financial institution, an Atlanta-based Fortune 500 bank, and multiple start-ups, including Bay-area “Unicorns.”
His practice touches nearly all industry groups within the firm, and he routinely works with the Firm’s practitioners in the following practice groups: Labor & Employment, Mergers & Acquisitions, Fund Formation & Investment Management, Real Estate, Private Equity & Venture Capital, Intellectual Property and International Trade.
Drew is a member of the Association of Life Insurance Council (ALIC) and is a frequent speaker on insurance and financial-related topics to Fortune 500 companies. Additionally, he has served as a faculty member and speaker at DRI’s Life, Health and Disability annual meeting.
Drew holds degrees from the University of Georgia School of Law, the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia, and Georgetown University Law Center.
Drew's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- California, Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi State Bar Associations
- Association of Life Insurance Counsel
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Board Member, U.S. Women’s Open, 2016
- Committee Member, Olympic Club Foundation
- Member, Sandy’s Circle, First Tee of San Francisco
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Alabama Board of Directors & Young Professional Leadership Committee, Chair, 2007
- Monday Morning Quarterback Club
- Member, Kiwanis Club
- Former Board Member, Alabama Ballet
- Former Board Member, Robert E. Reed Foundation
- Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, Former Nominations Committee
University of Georgia School of Law
University of Oxford, Jesus College (U.K.)
Georgetown University Law Center