Emily is an Associate in Maynard Cooper’s Insurance and Financial Services Litigation Practice Group. Emily’s practice focuses on defending insurance companies and other financial institutions in a variety of complex litigation matters throughout the U.S. In addition to her work in insurance litigation, Emily has substantial experience assisting employers in all aspects of general labor and employment matters arising in the workplace.
Emily earned her J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law where she served as Business and Online Editor of The Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law and President of Women in Law. She holds a B.A. in English and minor in Spanish from the University of Georgia, where she graduated magna cum laude.
- Represented insurance carriers throughout the U.S. in all aspects of coverage-related litigation in state and federal courts, including drafting notice of removals, pleadings, motions, and discovery requests and responses.
- Conducted all aspects of pre and post-trial litigation, including drafting pre-trial motions, responding to discovery, assisting in deposition and witness preparation, drafting post-trial brief as second chair on elected OSHA trials.
- Represented global auto-manufacturing client in all aspects of warranty litigation.
- Assisted and traveled to defend management during union organizing campaigns in Alabama, California, and Illinois.
- Assisted employers throughout the U.S. with internal investigations, employee disciplinary decisions, personnel handbooks and policies, workplace training, and other personnel matters.
Emily's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Kid One Transport 2020 Krewe of Vulcan member
- Member of the Young Lawyers Division of the Alabama Bar and Florida Bar
Wake Forest School of Law (2018, J.D., The Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law, Business and Online Editor; Women in Law, President)
University of Georgia, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences (2015, B.A. in English, Spanish Minor, and Certificate of Legal Studies, magna cum laude, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society)