Birmingham, AL. (August 20, 2020) Maynard Cooper & Gale is pleased to announce that 168 of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, a peer-review guide highlighting attorneys with significant achievements in their areas of practice. With 76 practice areas listed...Read More
Jaime is a Shareholder and member of the Litigation, Construction and Admiralty & Maritime practices at Maynard Cooper.
His focus is on admiralty, transportation law and construction law where he represents contractors, subcontractors, shipyards, property owners and other businesses in commercial disputes and personal injury litigation. Additionally, Jaime has experience in representing clients during OSHA inspections and contesting OSHA citations. He is an active member in several trade and industry groups related to his areas of practice including The Maritime Law Association of the United States, the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (SEALI), the Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA), and the Defense Research Institute's (DRI) Construction Law Committee.
He has extensive experience at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts in Florida and Alabama.
Jaime has a deep knowledge of preservation law and uses it in his civic work as a member of several historic preservation organizations. He previously served as President of the Mobile Historic Development Commission and remains an active member. He is also a member of the Historic Mobile Preservation Society and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Currently he is President of the Barton Academy Foundation, which is working with the Mobile County Public School System to raise funds for the establishment of the Barton Academy for Advanced World Studies in downtown Mobile.
Jaime is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell and is listed by The Best Lawyers in America© in Admiralty and Maritime Law. He is also listed as an Alabama Super Lawyer for Transportation/Maritime and a Mid-South Super Lawyer for Transportation/Maritime.
He received his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law and holds a B.S. in Political Science from Spring Hill College.
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Admiralty and Maritime Law (2014 - present); Construction Law (2021)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers for Transportation/Maritime (2016 - present)
- Alabama Super Lawyers for Transportation/Maritime (2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
Jaime's Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- The Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member – Construction Law Committee
- Mobile Bar Association
- Propeller Club – Port of Mobile
- Mobile Historic Development Commission, Member and Past President
- Barton Academy Foundation, Board Member and Past President
- Historic Mobile Preservation Society, Member
- St. Thomas More Society, Vice Chancellor
- Cathedral-Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, Cantor
- Musica Sacra Chorus, Member
- Mobile Revolving Fund for Historic Properties, Past President
- Mobile Christmas Parade Board of Directors, Past President
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Alabama/Mississippi Chapter, Past Board Member
- National MS Society Greater Mobile Leadership Class, Past Member and Honorary Chairman
- National MS Society Greater Mobile Leadership Class Advisory Council, Member
Jaime's Speaking Engagements
American Society of Civil Engineers February Meeting
Wednesday Feb. 8, 2017
Featured speaker at the February 8 ASCE Mobile Branch meeting speaking on OSHA's revised regulations governing silica exposure.
Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. Alabama Chapter Leadership Series
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Presented to a leadership group of young contractors on dealing with OSHA investigations and contesting OSHA citations.
State Bar: Alabama, Florida
U.S. District Court: Alabama (Northern, Middle, Southern), Florida (Northern, Middle)
U.S. Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit