Jack is a Shareholder and member of Maynard Cooper & Gale’s Litigation Practice.
Jack specializes in high-stakes business litigation. He handles complex, bet-the-company cases across the country and frequently litigates disputes arising under Delaware law. Jack also serves as a trusted adviser to individuals and entities across a variety of business sectors and is routinely called upon to handle matters requiring prompt legal attention.
Jack’s experience and success have earned him consistent recognition in Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Business/Corporate Law, and Martindale-Hubbell rates him as an AV-Preeminent lawyer, the highest possible rating.
Recent litigation examples include:
- Representing California investment bank in Delaware Superior Court litigation regarding private placement transaction involving Silicon Valley start-up;
- Representing California business broker in Los Angeles County Superior Court in a dispute involving $900 million acquisition of a pharmaceutical company by Asian private equity group;
- Representing the majority interest of California-based pharmaceutical start-up in dispute with minority interests and former employees;
- Won summary judgment on behalf of majority interest and board of directors of billion+ privately held entity in bet-the-company litigation brought by minority shareholders seeking to break-up company after stock recapitalization;
- Represented largest U.S. refined petroleum pipeline operator in a multi-billion dollar pipeline expansion from Louisiana to Georgia;
- Represented southeast residential and commercial developer against Fortune 300 public company in litigation resulting from M&A transaction;
- Won complete defense verdict as the first chair in a week-long jury trial in Greene County, Alabama on behalf of refined petroleum pipeline operator against claims by large landowner alleging damages associated with pipeline expansion project; and
- Won plaintiff’s verdict on behalf of a business owner against an attempted hostile takeover.