Mike is an Associate in Maynard Cooper’s Corporate Section and a member of several practice groups including the Securities Regulation and Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Private Equity and Venture Capital groups.
In his practice, Mike has experience counseling a variety of clients including private equity funds, affordable housing developers, real estate investment companies, broker-dealers, healthcare providers, and banks. His work with these entities includes a wide range of transactional matters including private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity financings. Mike advises companies on securities regulatory matters related to the 1933 Act, 1934 Act, Investment Company Act, Investment Adviser Act, and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Lead counsel for acquisition of Indiana-based telecommunications conferencing company
- Counsel to Alabama-based bank for $40 million merger
- Counsel to Alabama-based bank for $23 million merger with Mississippi-based bank
- Counsel to health insurance company for $20 million acquisition of Texas-based third-party administrator
- U.S. counsel to national real estate development company for $150 million public offering of bonds on Tel Aviv Stock Exchange
- Counsel to affordable housing developer for $50 million senior credit facility and for $25 million private offering of notes and warrants
- Counsel to national real estate developer for over 20 private securities offerings to finance development of multi-family, commercial, and hospitality real estate projects
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Venture Capital Law (2021)
Washington and Lee University School of Law(2015, J.D., cum laude, Washington & Lee Law Review, Managing Editor)
University of Georgia (2012, B.A., cum laude)
Honorable Victor V. Ludwig
25th Judicial Circuit in Virginia, 2014 – 2015